Probate Services

Sadly, each year we all experience or hear about the death of a family member or friend. Often the task of sorting out the deceased affairs will fall to a family member or friend. Applying for a Grant of Probate Certificate can seem quite daunting. What needs to be done? Who can you ask for help and guidance?

Cook and Partners can help. We are licensed to carry out probate services for executors and personal representatives. We can do the paperwork for you, including preparing, computing and submitting any Inheritance Tax (IHT) returns that may be required. Where IHT is due, it has to be calculated and paid before Probate can be granted.

We charge on a time spent basis in respect of such work. We can provide a fee quote up front for our services. The services we provide are delivered expertly in a timely and efficient manner, with very competitive fee levels.

Any complaints in respect of work undertaken should be addressed to Head of Legal Services Mark Jones FCA.

If our response to such complaints is unsatisfactory, they should be addressed to the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and/or the Legal Ombudsman.

All compensation relating to probate work is subject to the arrangements of the ICAEW Compensation Fund and our Professional Indemnity Policy.

How can we help you

If you are an existing customer please call or email your Cook and Partners contact.

Alternatively, if you are new to Cook and Partner’s call us on 01992 554444 to speak to a member of the team who will be glad to assist or introduce you to one of our probate specialists.